NZ Post Compliance
NZ Post bulk mail standards - SendRight™ certified
As of 1st July 2008, NZ Post requires bulk mail users to attach a Statement of Accuracy (SOA) with each lodgement.
Mail Handling Services is SendRight™ certified which means we are approved to issue SOA's to mailers.
Statement of Accuracy Guidelines
- An Accuracy standard of 85% has initially been set, however this is expected to increase over time.
- An SOA is valid for 12 months
- Over the 12 month lifetime of an SOA, your actual address accuracy will change as records are added and deleted from your mailing list or database
- If the changes exceed 5% within the SOA validity period, it is recommended that you apply for a new SOA
What Addresses Can Be Excluded From Your SOA?
You have the option of filtering out any inactive addresses or lapsed source records. The following address types may be excluded optionally from SOA calculations for the period 1 July 2008 through to 30 June 2009.
- Community Mail Box
- Poste Restante
- Counter Delivery
- Private Bags with no number
- Addresses maintained by other postal operators eg. DX, Mail Boxes etc.
- Un-numbered rural addresses - these are excluded while local authorities complete street numbering programmes in rural areas.
What is an SOA?
The Statement of Accuracy is a certificate showing the percentage of addresses in your database or mailing list that are valid matches against the New Zealand Post Postal Address File (PAF)
Why sould you
With an SOA your mail may qualify for Volume Post 1 or 3 – Go Flexible or Print Post.